"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think." -Neils Bohr

Saturday, February 27, 2010

When Did You Stop Dreaming?

It's quite ironic how we don't appreciate how much we can learn from a young child, considering that once upon a time we used to be one ourselves.

When visiting a good friend of mine, he introduced me to his youngest son, while giving me a tour of his new house.  The entire house was simply beautiful, but I just couldn't seem to get over how fascinating his son's room seemed to be, and it started to remind me of what we were all like as younger kids.

He had posters up of his favourite cars and a picture-collage of all the places he wants to visit.  When I introduced myself he told me that he didn't have much time to talk because he had to go finish his school project, which happened to be: constructing his dream house with popsicle sticks.  Wow!

He is a bright kid with an imagination out of this world.  That boy doesn't just reach for the sky, I bet he is convinced that he can touch the moon.  So when did that change for us?

Here's what I will share with you: as we get older, we start taking down the posters of these fancy cars and mansions BECAUSE we start accepting the fact that whatever life throws our way is completely normal and we can't do a single thing about it.  We give up on our dreams and aspirations, and we settle for mediocrity.

A wise man once told me that an obstacle is simply an opportunity in disguise.  When I understood that, I started to welcome obstacles with open arms, and I started to change my life around for the better.

Accelerate beyond mediocrity, and refuse the thought of the incapability to do anything about what life throws your way.  For some of us, it has been a really long time since we stopped dreaming and you may feel like "change" is out of the question.  You'll be happy to know that: it doesn't take time to change, it simply takes a decision.

Sweet dreams randomizers,

Mr. RT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is valuable, and I appreciate you investing some to write me a message. I will never take it for granted.