"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think." -Neils Bohr

Friday, January 22, 2010

Facts About Your Memory

Here is some interesting statistics for you learning benefit:

You only remember approximately 10% of what you read.
You only remember approximately 20% of what you hear.
You only remember approximately 30% of what you see.
You will remember approximately 50% of what you hear and see together.
You will remember approximately 70% of what you say. (If you think as you are saying it)
You will remember approximately 90% of what you do.

My advice: RE-READ, but do more than just read.  Actions will be remembered the most, so take ACTION!

Speaking of memory, I have received some incredible (and pricey!) gifts throughout the last few Christmas seasons but I will never forget the gift I got when I was a little child.  Instead of buying me one really huge toy for big bucks, they bought tons of $2-$5 assorted mini-toys and filled up a 2-litre bottle of pop with it.  When I saw it, I was jumping for joy and kept playing it until I started losing them all one-by-one.  I think that was my first sign of clumsiness!

None the less, never forget that kids are JUST kids!  They are in a world with no limits and price tags to them are just a number that they cannot seem to read.  Use your imagination to put together a nice quantity of creative things, and stop worrying about giving them the best brands.  Besides, you still have a few years before they give in to peer pressure and demand brand names in order to hang out with the cool kids.

Until next time,

Mr. RT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is valuable, and I appreciate you investing some to write me a message. I will never take it for granted.